Recent Posts

Friday, March 27, 2020

Day 7 of Sheltering In-Lucky 7!

I’m so excited! So glad I bought lottery tickets!

Friday I’m getting 4 dozen Free Farm Fresh eggs. (1 will be for my sister-in-law if she wants it.) A woman in a Suburban group I belong to had too many, and with what’s going on she would rather offer them for free.

I officially made 2 new Facebook friends. Both from a Suburban group I belong to. One is the egg lady, the other is someone who is going to try to help me get part of the major stuff we lost when the sump pump died and the basement flooded. Washer, Dryer, Furnace. The first 2 are more likely. But she does have a brother-in-law who does HVAC, so I can get an honest estimate.

I had been on Facebook and Messenger all day Thursday. Started out just reading the stuff on my feed, sharing a few funnies. Then I came across a local news video and was reading the comments. One of the commenters was asking for help with food. She lived in Illinois further south from me. She’s disabled and has an autistic teen. I’ve been there, struggling to feed my family when the kids were young, and I wanted to see if I could get her help. I put a message on the Suburban group asking if anyone knew of any food pantries closer to her, or any resources they could recommend. Bing, bang, ZOOM! I had 2 people wanting to drop off groceries at her front door, 2 people who wanted to order food from Amazon and have it shipped directly to this woman, another wanted to chip in a grocery gift card, and yet another passed along the name of someone at a school in her city who had a wealth of resources to offer her.

After messaging with the woman about my dead basement, she contacted the admin of the group to ask if she could start a post where people could ask for what they needed, and others could offer up items. The admin approved because of the tough times now, and to come. People were sharing questions with others in the group to see if they had any resources for what I needed. One wonderful woman pledged $100 towards a washer or dryer. Unbelievable! In 2020, people who have the means actually helping those struggling. God bless all of them.

It all started out with me helping find people to help the woman who needed food. I have a saying I use too often “No good deed goes unpunished”. The woman in need had messages to me coming so fast I couldn’t keep up with her and the Facebook comments offering her food. I admit, the phrase did pop into my head. Doesn’t apply to all that happened. Thursday was more of a “You put good karma out, good karma comes back to you”.

So that’s what I learned today.

“You put good karma out, good karma comes back to you”

I like it!

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©