Recent Posts

Saturday, March 28, 2020

Day 8 of Sheltering In

I am LIVID! My daughter has been put in isolation in her room at the group home for having a temperature of Friday night 99.6°. That’s not a fever. A fever is 104° or higher.
Normal Body Temperature Range 97°-99° The protocol for isolation for the group home residents is a temperature of 101°! My daughter had a temperature of 100.4° Thursday morning after she was in the hot box of the 2nd floor and running downstairs for meds. The b***h who bullies my daughter turns the thermostat all the way up. 

This morning the staff taking temperatures refused to tell my daughter her temperature or let her see the thermometer. This person has treated my daughter badly and picked on her since she started working for the group home. Who the fork does she think she is not letting my daughter see that thermometer? That’s a HIPAA violation. I know this because I talked to someone we know that works for the same company, who also told me isolation protocol was 101°. Those readings are what is keeping my daughter in her bedroom, with no television, being completely isolated from all her housemates. I’m willing to bet my daughter didn’t have a temperature and that’s why she didn’t show her.

The nutjob who bullies my daughter is constantly yelling through my daughter’s locked bedroom door telling her to do her chores and harassing her saying she has to do them. NO SHE DOESN’T! She’s only allowed to leave her bedroom to go to the bathroom, get food/make a meal, and get her medications 3 times a day. That b***h is constantly screaming through my daughter’s bedroom door.

⬆️ This situation would be difficult in a mentally healthy person. Can you imagine what it’s doing to my mentally ill daughter?

I am so happy I had to drop off a prescription to her Thursday. I don’t know what it was, Mother’s Intuition, or what, but I made her a special care package. I gathered up a portable DVD player and a bunch of movies (my daughter already had several boxed sets of shows she got for Christmas), and her Kindle. I also went shopping and bought her some frozen fruit and vegetables (the person buying food for their house has not bought ANY fresh or frozen fruit or vegetables in at least a month), and some Bubly sparking waters. Oh, and every time we see something “birthdayish” at the grocery, we buy it. Last week was Birthday Party Rice Krispie Treats. Yesterday it was Birthday Peeps. I am so thankful I thought to do the care package. 🦸‍♀️ 

I am so angry/anxious. All I can think about is how horrible she is being treated. Her birthday is the 4th. She damn well better not still be in isolation for no damn reason! She has no other symptoms. I have half a mind to have her pack a bag and the stuff I brought her and bring her home, but things aren’t exactly peachy here.

I have already made 1 call to the team lead and I am very close to made a second call and conference called my wife in. The team lead claims she’s going to my daughter’s group home Sunday. I have zero belief she will show up. I guarantee I will be calling, emailing, or both the Director and Assistant Director on Monday. This homey don’t play. I will not stand for my daughter being treated like this! You isolate her with no television and allow a nut job (yes she is) to yell at my daughter all day. And she yelled at my daughter any time she came out to do what she’s allowed to do. The nut job did not observe 6 foot distance and got in her face a few times. I spent several afternoons this past week emailing them back and forth because of other issues.
 
Food, bottled water, and Gatorade were supposed to be brought to the group home Saturday. Nothing. They are out of bottled water. 

Today was just a really long day. I 🙏🏻 tomorrow is a much better day for my daughter.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©