Recent Posts

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day 6 of Sheltering In

Finding it really difficult to find something to watch on Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime. I don’t care for horror movies and their blood and gore, no period movies or series. And no subtitles. I can’t read them because I’m too far from the screen.

I had been watching “That 70’s Show” from the beginning as filler. When it’s too late to start a movie, or don’t feel like it I watch a filler series. Finished that. Now my filler series is “The Mary Tyler Moore Show”.

“The Mary Tyler Moore Show” ran from 1970-1977. I watched the original run back when I was 9-16. Recalling when I first saw it I remember Mary as being kind of mousey, quiet, didn’t stand up for herself. I don’t know why that’s the way I remember it because watching it now she seems the opposite. She was an independent woman of the ‘70’s. She stood up for herself at work, actually told Lou Grant off a few times and she fought off advances from love interests. I found it kind of funny how they skirted over the overnight date. You never saw it, but if you added up the clues, maybe? Of course with Sue Ann Nivens there was no ambiguity. It wasn’t onscreen, but Sue Ann certainly talked it up a lot. 

The white elephant in the room...what’s going on. The number of reported cases is increasing. Illinois numbers are relatively low. I saw a map, I can’t find that same map now. It made me sick to my stomach. I don’t personally know anyone with it, but there are quite a few celebrities who have tested positive (in order of the most recent I heard of first). Jackson Browne, Ulga Kurylenko, David Byron of Bon Jovi, Placido Domingo, Kathy Griffin, Prince Charles, Andy Cohen, Debbie Mazar, Idris Elba, Rachel Matthews, Terrance McNally (died), Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson. I did not count any “The Bachelor” contestants. They aren’t celebrities, they’re low rent celebrity wannabes.

The increasing numbers and number of celebrities is concerning. But what is most disturbing are the people who flooded California beaches a few days ago, and the Chicago lakefront yesterday. These young people...it’s not going to kill them to miss spring break this year. Insisting on still doing spring break activities in large numbers literally could get them killed. They should change this generation’s name to the “me me me generation”. Only care about themselves and doing what they want. Do they have elder parents, or grandparents? Given they the number of people they’ve come in contact with, ask them...What are you doing to keep your parents and grandparents safe? What are you doing to keep other people’s parents and grandparents safe?

My daughter’s iPhone won’t charge. If it’s not charged by morning I will have to pick it up the next time I drop off prescriptions and I’ll have to drop off an alarm clock. There are a number of things I can try, so we’ll see. She still has 6 payments!

I keep seeing lost pets on Facebook and I’m saying I want a dog...A lot...Out loud. My spouse keeps saying no, no, no. Today she said if I do decide to get a dog it has to be female. I disagree. My first and only dog was male. I know what male dogs do. Maxwell did that nasty before I got him fixed. After, never an issue. My spouse went on and on about her friend’s huge, dopey, boxer. We went back and forth and I think she got a phone call and that was it. I think 3 cats and a dog is too much, so I’m thinking this is a far off decision...with plenty of time to work it. 😏

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©