Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Day 25 of Sheltering In

So I put on my going outside clothes and went to the post office. Given that filing deadlines and payment (I think) have been extended, there was a lot of people at the post office. 

My brother in law that works for a bus company is still not being properly paid because the high school the bus company drives for refuses to pay the bus company. So the bus company refuses to pay the drivers. The union is involved AND representatives with the governor’s office met with the people in charge at the high school and told them that the money to pay the drivers is in their budget and they MUST pay them. When and if they pay the drivers remains to be seen. I say the state should pull back the entire budget and pay the drivers, teachers, janitors, lunch staff, etc to insure they get paid. And while they are at it, they should not pay the people at the high school that refuse to pay them, and they should go without pay for as long as the bus drivers weren’t paid. Sounds fair to me.

And the police were at the group home my daughter lives in. Nutjob is still hiding the living room Dish remote (she’s had it for about 2 weeks). My daughter asked for it, she refused. My daughter called staff who came up to ask for it, she refused, then she called the cops. That is, nutjob called the cops. Yes, she basically called the cops on herself. Done it many, many, too many times. They sent 2 squads (4 officers). They were there for about an hour. Nutjob still has the remote! Supposedly the staff that tried to help my daughter is calling Dish for a new remote. I’ve said before to do that, but it’s complicated and other staff apparently feel it’s good entertainment for this to continue. (A family member of a client pays for the bill.) I told my daughter maybe this staff person is smarter than the others, or she has Dish at her home and ordered a new one. They are probably free. At least they are free for DirecTV.) So, to sum it all up, nutjob still has the remote, nothing happened! The cops thought she should be taken for a 5150 because she seemed unstable (that would be 24/7/365), but the senior staff member refused to sign for that to happen. That’s what my daughter said. I thought the cops could call for an ambulance and make it happen. Who knows? 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©