Recent Posts

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Sunday Stealing-Quirky Questions

Hi! Our host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!

Quirky Questions from SwapBot


 1. Did you become what you wanted to be when you grew up? Are you happy with your choice? Yes I did. I became an accountant. I’d say I’m happy with my choice, however, had I known my children would have mental health issues I may have changed my major and worked in some capacity in a field that would bring greater insight to mental illness.


2. Did man really go to the moon or was it a publicity stunt? I personally don’t think NASA and the government would go to such lengths to do a publicity stunt like this. Then again, Russia purportedly went to the moon and the United States can’t be one-upped by Russia. Whether it was real or not, it doesn’t affect me either way. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.


3. Given the opportunity to change one major aspect of your life (i.e. career, relationship, family) with no guarantee of the outcome, would you take the chance? Why? I don’t think I can freely say on this blog, but suffice to say, our lives would be much different for the better.


4. Does money buy happiness? Give me $1million and I’ll get back to you. 😉


5. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? I take care of personal business. đŸ€«


6. What are we going to do when we run out of room to bury the dead? Are we talking in general, or due to the coronavirus? Either way, it’s not in my wheelhouse.


7. What is your greatest fear? Why? Is it rational or unreasonable? My greatest fear right now is if my daughter goes off the rails and has to be hospitalized due to her mental illness. It’s totally rational. Were she need to be hospitalized at this point with the coronavirus, I would take her home because 99% of the reason this could happen is because of the bullying, screaming, and terrorizing by her nutjob housemate. Said nutjob housemate actually called the cops Wednesday, basically on herself. She does it all the time. The female cop even recognized her from previous calls.)


8. How do you feel about the exploitation of your private data in the digital age? Does it ever cross your mind or are you hyper-aware of the risks? I don’t like it, however, I don’t see what can be done about it. I’ve been reading how our government (state or federal-?) wants to contact track people under the guise of determining who a person with the coronavirus has been in contact with using our cell phones. I’m sure we all have complete confidence that this will only be used for this purpose, right?


9. You can be forgiven one debt. What is it? If you don’t have debt, then how did you do it? My mortgage. It was sold to a horrible investment group who refuses to do anything to help a borrower in ANY way. I’m sure when I try to pay my mortgage this week that they will charge a late fee. I’m not paying it. Our government says late fees are to be waived for mortgages, this month. Without getting into personal details, I have a situation going on, and won’t feel comfortable using any funds in my account until mid to late this week.


10. Hot or cold? I prefer cold weather. I can always throw on a hoodie or an extra blanket. With hot weather you can only take off so much before you make a scene. Lol!


11. What is your favorite thing in the world (aside from family, friends, pets)? I have no idea what, if those are excluded.


12. You have to give up one of your five senses. Which one would you go without? Pass.


13. Do you believe everyone has a doppelgĂ€nger? Absolutely! I have at least 3. One near where I grew up. One in Chicago near Skokie. And one in the area where I now live. In all 3 cases the people would not believe me! 


14. Likewise, does everyone have a soulmate or is it just a matter of proximity and circumstance? I believe in everyone having a soulmate and proximity and circumstance certainly does help in finding them.


15. Imagine you have a theme song that plays every time you enter a room. What would your song be? Lmao! All I can think of at the moment is Flo Rida’s “Apple Bottom Jeans”. And yes, I had those Reebok’s with the straps. Lol!




Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I can somewhat sympathize with you on the should-have-been career path. Our daughter has a lot of issues and it would have really been useful to better know how to deal with them. It may have improved life for her and all of us who had to live with her.

Plastic Mancunian said...

I believe in doppelgÀngers - there are quite a few people famous and otherwise who look like me.

:o)

Cheers

PM

CountryDew said...

I am sorry your children have mental health issues. That can be scary.

songbird's crazy world said...

Apple bottom jeans, boots with the fur ...that song brings me back to my daughters’ high school years

Lori said...

The situation with your daughter sounds toxic (about the roommate). I am so sorry she has to live like that...can they place her with a different roommate? I know you have talked to them and nothing has happened. I am sure you feel like your hands are tied. Maybe they are trying to work something out and it is just taking a long time. That is not good though for someone that is suffering.
You answer #12 the way I wanted to! Hahahaha Loved your answers! Have a great day!

http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Lola said...

The group home services company is building apartments less than 2 miles from my house. They are not yet finished. My daughter is on the list, they asked for W-2 figures this past week, so that tells me they are crunching the numbers (each apartment resident has to pay rent, they have to manage their own money, rent is based on their income). They will have staff in one of the units. We will have a meeting after the lockdown is lifted. The Asst Director visited my daughter Friday and showed her photos of the progress inside. My daughter is beyond excited! It really cheered her up.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©