Recent Posts

Friday, April 17, 2020

Day 26 of Sheltering In

Thursday...if you are keeping track.

Got up way too early, put on my outside clothes and mask and headed out with my son who did the same. My spouse told me Wednesday night that Friday we are expecting several different inches of snow and cold temps. Fabulous! Because I haven’t wasted enough money on electricity due to having to use space heaters. So she said I might want to switch my outing to Thursday. Not thrilled, but I did it anyway. So Thursday we hit Meijer when they opened at 8am. Still out of Country Crock and only had a few boxes of Parkay sticks. So I grabbed 2. I picked up everything on my daughter’s list and bread and eggs and a few non food necessities. I really was hoping to skip grocery shopping for 2 weeks but we are going through bread like crazy. (Not me. I bought a loaf of Killer Dave’s and divided it up into 4 slice packages and froze it. The 1 loaf should last me a month.) We also quickly used up the farm fresh eggs I got about 2 weeks ago. After Meijer was CVS. Then out to my daughter’s area to get gas. $1.68/gal by her, $2.01 here. Goniffs! (Yiddish for greedy...thieves.). Then to my daughter’s, then to pick up more medication, then home. Gah! Long day.

So it appears staff was unsuccessful getting a Dish remote. Wish I knew someone who had Dish who could order one. The brother of a housemate pays for it and apparently staff were unable to convince Dish her request was legit.

If you’ve been out lately, have you noticed how ugly some people have gotten? I mean their attitude and behavior. Especially fellow shoppers. Gah! I try to be extra sunny and polite, (me sunny? yes, you read that correctly) but dammit some people are hateful, motherforking asshats. Thank goodness I got one of my favorite cashiers. She is always so cheerful and pleasant. And she remembers us. She said ‘your daughter works at that grocery store, how’s she doin? Why isn’t she with you?’ I gave her the short version. How nice is it that she remembered? And she said the store, but I don’t want it mentioned on my blog. 

My spouse is freaking out because tobacco stores closed this week by order of the governor. Even the ones that sell CBD products. She gets her cigarette rolling supplies, tobacco and tubes, from a local place. The owner is really nice, knows we recommend his store all the time and cuts us a price break or gives a freebie every now and then. My wife said he was out of sorts last time she was there, maybe he had been notified already? So now she is freaking out. She’s trying to figure out her options. Walmart, probably not, I don’t think the one here sells tobacco. Amazon, doesn’t sell tobacco. And yes, I went there. I said she had another option...to quit smoking. Aww hell no! She did not like that option. Then she came up with her friend who had to temporarily move back to Joliet, while still working in Indiana. If tobacco shops are open there, she could get her what she needs. She was living with her 2 little ones at her elderly mother’s house. She got pressured by other family to move out to protect her mother’s health. Lucky her, had to move in with her ex. That is not going to end well, but she doesn’t want to give her mom the coronavirus if she becomes a carrier, or gets it herself.

My son isn’t doing very well. He is used to having his sister spend 3-4 weekends a month here. He’s also talking too much to his dad who is pressuring my son to go visit him on Father’s Day, which is his birthday. Umm, hell to the no! Not happening. My son doesn’t want to go anyway. He has a better understanding of the coronavirus and the quarantine than his dad. Of course, because his dad thinks only of himself and always has.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I’m not leaving the house, and I’m setting paperwork/research aside for at least 1 day. I have to research Medicare plans. I started, but my stuff isn’t fully processed, so I only got so far the other night when I started. I will probably hang out and watch movies with my son. I think we’ll FaceTime his sister tomorrow. We’ll see how it goes. Our internet has been horrible. Sites reloading, crashing. When I was finishing our taxes I had to have my wife and son close all their apps and stay off the internet. My son would be on all day if he could, but when I need it I tell him to close all apps and stay off the internet because we only get so much “juice” because everyone is home on the Internet for work or school. 

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©