Recent Posts

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Day 27, 28 of Sheltering In

Friday and Saturday...if you are ticking the days off on your calendar. I woke up this morning and thought it was Friday.

Friday I got my Auto Insurance checks. Woot! Woot!

Friday our electricity went out at 5pm. It was out until 6:45pm. 1,238 people, including area small businesses.  My messages from ComEd indicated the cause was being investigated. People on local Facebook pages were saying they were doing maintenance. Trucks were out with workers prior to the outages. Dinner time on a Friday evening, during a pandemic is the perfect time do to maintenance. So my joke was...”ComEd is in cahoots with small business owners of restaurants to get people to order for delivery or curbside pickup because with the power out people can’t cook.” Our gas range has digital controls, so we couldn’t cook. Our grill is not yet set up for the season. We waited it out and had a very late dinner.

We started watching Mrs. America on Hulu. All star cast...Cate Blanchett, Uzo Adubo, Sarah Paulson, Tracey Ullman, Rose Byrne, Elizabeth Banks, Niecy Nash, and more. Really enjoying it. I was too young during the time of the fight for ERA, and really didn’t pay attention to news at the time so I find it interesting.

My brother in law cancelled coming today to take out the dead appliances and take them to the recycling place. I am NOT paying the store $50 per appliance. That’s absurd. I probably won’t get much $ for them, but I’m definitely not paying. So I cannot order my washer and dryer. 🤬🤯 He’s not doing anything anyway, why can’t he do this for us?

My wife is involved in a pickle in the middle situation, where she is the pickle and multiple family members are yelling at her about one sibling. Said sibling was angry because she didn’t get the stimulus money, and another situation. I did some research (because I have an accounting mind and I research stuff, AND I like to help whenever I can). I sent a link to the IRS website which should help anyone who did not receive the money. Turns out said sibling has not filed tax returns for multiple years. “Normal people” would be thankful for the assistance. Said sibling not only had a cow, she had an entire herd of cows! It’s like I always say, “No good deed goes unpunished.” Unfortunately my wife is the one being punished. I will NOT be volunteering my expertise to this individual. I refuse to help said sibling by preparing the tax returns (and it wouldn’t be free if I did), if my wife or myself are going to be screamed at because said sibling isn’t going to like the results. And said sibling will not like the results. Taxes and penalties will be owed.

So, nothing like peace and harmony in a quarantine. Just listened to part of our governor’s news conference. He danced around the topic of ‘when will the quarantine order be lifted’. I fully expect to still be in quarantine for my birthday in July. I say this because of the increasing number of asshats that are congregating in groups of more than 10 and not following social distancing rules.

My son’s iPhone 5s won’t charge. Last time this happened I cleaned lint out of the charger port and it worked fine. It took a lot longer to clean it out this time. I saw on Amazon a plug you can put in your port to keep the lint out, but you have to order in quantity, 10 or 20, I think. I’m going to check it out again. If it fits iPhone 5s, 6s, and 7s I will order it if it ships from the USA. I think we know only 1 person with an iPhone, so if any blog pallies have an iPhone and want one, let me know which one and I’ll make sure it fits yours.

I have to say, my son and I have gotten a lot closer. Tonight my wife was downstairs watching WWE on the big screen and my son and I were watching Wedding Crashers, then my daughter called. I added my wife to the call and we were all crackin up. It was like my son and I rehearsed bits, but we didn’t. I’d look at him, nod, I’d start and he’d sing along, or say a joke together. It was hella fun considering everyone’s situation. Being all together is more fun, but you make do with what you can do.

Neighbor across the street is using manly tools and blasting music. Next door they are having a party. I got thumpa thumpa comin at me from 2 sides.



Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©