Recent Posts

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Day 31 of Sheltering In

Tuesday.

Spent nearly all day on the phone. Talking to agencies or leaving messages and getting callbacks from agencies. Zero help with my questions. I got a revised document this morning. I still need to crunch the numbers to see if it’s correct. Going to have to be later or tomorrow afternoon. I have a migraine and my back is screaming from yesterday Tomorrow morning my daughter has a staffing conference call. (Can’t meet in person so it will be by phone.) 

Yesterday my daughter spoke with a coworker. It’s a little fuzzy, and doesn’t make sense, but it seems like baggers are virtually eliminated. The guy said he was the only bagger on his shift. Unclear as to why. Is it because the others called off, quit? My daughter has been trying to get a transfer to the meat department. (Weighing and packaging meat. Whole meat like chops, roasts, etc. No slicing of meats.) Hopefully she can transfer if there is any truth to baggers being eliminated. She has yet to find out why she hasn’t gotten her vacation check. (She took vacation for her birthday, which was prior to the group home lockdown.)

My wife had a nasty fall last night, and I nearly had one rushing downstairs to find out what happened. She’s ok, scared herself more than anything else. I bet she’s sore today. How exactly does one fall asleep, sitting up, leaning on a TV tray, then crash, boom, boom? I dunno, but clearly it takes talent. She sleeps very poorly due to pain and her asshat cat. That damn cat starts at 5am jumping on her and crying ‘feed me, FEED ME’. I keep telling her to pick her happy little ass up and lock her in the bathroom, but she says she can’t because then the cat will cry loudly. HEADPHONES! Who is in charge? It’s the cat, and that’s not the way it should be, especially when the cat is jumping on her when she’s sound asleep, and has pain. Her cat has done that to me a couple of times during daytime naps and I shoo’d her ass out of the bedroom. It’s very startling to get woken up by a cat jumping on your head, chest, or abdomen (kitty don’t care where she lands, she wants you awake!). Not only that, when you have back, knee, (and shoulder pain-me) you jerk and it HURTS. I don’t think my solution is cruel. It’s more cruel for the cat to keep doing that. How does the cat learn not to do that? My wife rarely, if ever, uses the water bottle spray, so how is she going to stop this? Telling that darn cat anything just gets you a shoulder shrug.

I just got a callback from the Dept of Insurance. Very helpful woman called me back. She told me how to file a complaint (if it comes to that) and to be sure to ask she’s assigned to my case cuz she wants to have at them! For right now I think the situation is mostly resolved, it’s a matter of crunching the new numbers. If a new situation arises, then it may be necessary to file a complaint. I hope not. It seems at every turn some place has their hands in my pockets and I’m getting less and less money to live on. 

I need to have Medicare Part B explained to me. I don’t really know anyone who has it. Possibly my wife’s friend who had a dog attack her and caused permanent damage to her arm. I think I’m going to checkout the AARP website and see if they have any info. Because all agencies have staff working from home you can’t just go to DHS, or wherever and sit down and have it explained to you and answer questions. I’m going to start with AARP, and then talk to my wife’s friend if I still have questions.

Is anyone else concerned that the rush to open the economy is going to have dire consequences? More infections, more deaths? It’s just heartbreaking the stories about the elderly, doctors and nurses too. Praying for a common sense approach. It does no good to open the economy and remove the lockdown, if infections haven’t peaked, and states don’t have enough test kits to properly access the situation.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©