Recent Posts

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Day 33 of Sheltering In

Thursday.

My daughter’s staffing conference call was this morning at 9am. 😑 I paid for that all day. I have that no sleep “burnt” feeling...and a migraine. The meeting went well. Praise for my daughter all around from all the staff. I almost like this better than “in-person” staffing meetings. My wife and I don’t have to see the looky lews who feel the need to stare at lesbians. (Yes, it’s happened at quite a few of these meetings that my wife has attended.) Instead of trying to stealthily pass notes to my daughter when I wanted her to expand on what she was saying or tell her to not to forget something, I just texted her! She texted back. Worked very well. Of course there was apartment talk at the end. We were told my daughter definitely meets the income criteria. Apparently the office is getting everything setup. My daughter got her work transportation paperwork in the mail today. I’m thinking the apartments would be ready September at the earliest. I’m 🙏🏻 there aren’t any issues with her getting in. My daughter really has her heart set on getting into those apartments and it will be so nice for her to get away from the nutjob and be very close to us. She can’t wait to have her first dinner party. When she’s all set up she said she’s inviting us for dinner and she’s cooking from scratch!

Turns out her work “friend” lied about being fired. Why would someone do that? The young man is, well, let’s just say he’s special needs because I don’t really know what his issues are. I’ve had many conversations with him, so I can tell something isn’t quite right. He has always been very polite to me. Maybe he doesn’t understand that to lie about getting fired isn’t a joke? Hopefully she will still have her job after the lockdown is lifted and it’s lifted for group homes. They may or may not have the same date, after all, they went on lockdown before the entire state went on lockdown.  

We have another month of lockdown. I’m actually happy with the decision, especially after watching the interviews with that whack a doodle Mayor from Las Vegas yesterday! The news went around my daughter’s group home like wildfire. No one saw the press conference, but someone heard, then I confirmed it when my daughter asked. No point in delaying telling them. Someone would have turned on the nightly news and they would have found out that way.

We were at Meijer today. Not many sale items In the ad, but whatever was on sale was gone. They did have quite a bit of paper towels and a few packs of tp, but I didn’t get any. I still haven’t been able to find hand sanitizer. They were putting some pretty droopy looking plants down the main aisle. I couldn’t tell what they were. The garden center doors were locked, but they did have more annuals. When the garden centers finally do open they will be a zoo. We usually don’t plant until after Mother’s Day, so hopefully things will have calmed down. I usually get petunias to put in the planter boxes on the porch, and Rosemary in small planters on the table. (They keep the mosquitoes away.) One of the planters got smashed, so unless I can work magic with glue, or find the exact planter, I will be 1 short.

I bought fabric covered ponytails. I need to modify the masks I got. At least the ones I wear. I can’t raise my arms to tie or untie them myself. My son still hasn’t mastered how to tie a bow tightly, like a shoelace. He has issues with manual dexterity and were he to attempt to help me the mask would not be tight enough for proper coverage. My right shoulder pain was just becoming tolerable. Not any longer! My reach to untie my mask aggravated it. Then I pulled the wrong tie and knotted it. Of course! Right? I’m icing my shoulder and my back. I’ll medicate later and hopefully I’ll be able to get some sleep tonight.

Apparently one of my in-laws has discovered the perfect way to shop and have first crack at a supposedly recently sanitized store that’s been restocked.  They bring a camping chair and arrive an hour before opening and sit at the entrance. Definitely not as exciting as waiting in line for concert tickets or the latest iPhone! I do not need anything that badly that I’m gonna get up at 4:30am shower, get dressed, have breakfast (COFFEE!), then drive to the store and sit in a camping chair at the entrance.

I will get to see my daughter Friday...from a distance. We’ll do a porch drop and drop off Chinese food. There is a place by her group home. The Chinese restaurant by my house has been closed since the coronavirus first started. My wife knows the owner so when they re-open I’m sure she’ll find out whether she asks or not. Apparently the owners were threatened, at both locations. I don’t understand how people can be so racist. Where I live now is much more white bread than where I grew up, so having typed that I can totally see it. Those things weren’t on my radar growing up.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©