Recent Posts

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Day 29 of Sheltering In

Sunday. I have to look at my last “sheltering in” post to figure out what day this is. Also have to think back, was yesterday Saturday? My wife thought today was Friday. I said I thought that was yesterday. But it’s actually Sunday.

I keep telling myself it’s just talk...My daughter is actually thinking...’small wedding, not a lot of people, I don’t like crowds’. Back the fork up...WAY BACK! 
(4 scary words swimming in my head. Mother of the bride. It’s not time!) My daughter’s boyfriend’s grandma passed away from Coronavirus. She was 93, I think. I don’t know because this was still floating above her head, ‘Kevin has 7 brothers, I have 1 and the girls, I don’t know who I would pick for bridesmaids’. I had my reply, but I didn’t want my son to hear. I’m sure my daughter will call me tomorrow. So Kevin is having a hard time, losing his grandma. He brought up wedding because I’m sure he was thinking, relatives, family, etc. That’s all I got. And I will repeat what I told her when she mentioned getting married and having a baby. I had a long, slow, very calm chat. Do you know how old I was when I had you? No. I was 33. Do you know how old your Grandma was when she had me? No. She was also 33. How old are you? 27. Don’t you think my Mom and I were a lot more mature when we had our first baby? Yes. Do you think you’re that mature? Long pause. No. Don’t you think that means you can wait? Yes. There was a little chat in between the questions, it wasn’t quick, one question after the other. I really think my daughter needs to get into one of those apartments, and live on her own for a bit. Also, it’s a great opportunity to get into those apartments. I’m pretty sure couples are allowed to live in them, married couples. I’m sure my daughter will ask at her staffing conference call on Thursday. It’s not the apartment call, it’s a meeting she has every 6 months to talk about her progress, and how she’s doing. She has asked about moving to an apartment at least 3 staffing meeting. (Conference call because of the coronavirus lockdown.)

Supposedly we have help coming Wednesday to take out the ruined appliances from the basement and to the recycling center. I confirmed everyone will have masks and gloves. I think it’s gonna be a no show. 

I just want to be able to wash my clothes in my own house!

Sunday is usually my chill day. Pre-Corona I would be staying home all day, just veggin in front of a tv. No errand running. My wife even took my daughter to work if my daughter was on a home visit. 

I’M SO BORED.

I have crap I should be doing, <whine> but I don’t wanna. It’s all paperwork, research, and phone calls.

My wife wants new cookware, specifically, frying pans with maybe a chicken fryer size. I have a set of Wolfgang Puck that includes a nice chicken fryer. They are not non-stick. Whether that means ceramic non-stick, or Calphalon, no idea.
Me: Ok, should I order them from Kohl’s, I have Kohl’s Cash? 
Wife: <sigh> Noooooooh. 
Me: What about Meijer, we get points? 
Wife: <sigh> Noooooooh. <sigh> I want to feel it...how heavy it is.
She wants to go to Walmart tomorrow to “hold” frying pans. 😂

Our DirecTV contract is up. Dang bill went up $35! So I’ll have my wife call. (She makes always these type of calls). I warned her they will give her a number for “Customer Retention”. I really don’t think anything they offer is going to make me not cut the cord. I hear Hulu Live is good. I dunno...more research. We really need a new internet provider, but can’t switch to Comcast. In our area it’s worse than AT&T. I don’t know what else there is.

So. Tomorrow is 04/20.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©