Recent Posts

Monday, September 7, 2020

Day 171 of Sheltering In

Monday, Labor Day. The BBQ at my daughter’s group home was kind of ridiculous. My daughter prepped everything, baked the sausages and chicken in the oven, then my wife finished them on the grill. NONE of the other clients helped. They didn’t even get cups, plates and plasticware, condiments. My daughter had to keep running in and out for everything. The food was delicious. All her housemates enjoyed the food. They didn’t even help clean up. My daughter had to do that too! 

My wife was in charge of the grill. My son helped me do a temporary fix for their patio umbrella. Duck tape, zip ties, pliers to reform the ends of the broken frame, and a pocket knife to cut tiny holes for the zip ties to hold the fabric to the frame. By the time the burgers were done, my son was lifting the umbrella into place and into the base. All the ladies really liked that the umbrella was up and shading the table nicely. When we were all done eating and all the ladies disappeared, my wife, son, and I helped my daughter clean up and I had my son remove the umbrella and place it upside down on the patio with the base placed on it to prevent the wind from taking it away. If staff gave a damn the umbrella would have been stored away before the storms and it wouldn’t have been damaged. But the staff don’t care. Hopefully the ladies will get a little more use out of it.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020


No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©