Recent Posts

Saturday, September 12, 2020

Sunday Stealing-Bankerchick

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. (Past hosts include: Our first - Judd Corizan, Mr. L, Kwizgiver and Bud) Cheers to all of us thieves!

Stolen from Bankerchick

1. Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month,
My plan is to get something edible out of my garden. We started late. I was told “we” were going to lower the base of our raised garden and put in more soil so the plants have more room to root. I even bought an excessive amount of soil to insure there was enough, but apparently “we” decided not to do that and not tell me until after I discovered it myself when I tried to put tomato cages and stakes in. We planted tomato, green pepper and zucchini plants. We have gotten ZERO anything from the garden. The zucchini flowers keep falling off, the tomatoes are the size of ping pong balls (and those are the big ones), and the green pepper is the size of a marble. Total waste of money on plants. The only plants that flourished were the Rosemary, lavender, and petunias.  

2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller. What does this quote mean to you?
Pass.

3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
Prayers. Thoughts and prayers. My ex friend (fiancée of my sister in law ) younger brother passed away early Friday morning. Their mom found him when she went to wake him because he overslept. He was only 25. He had just gotten his life together, quit drinking, got himself a good job. The coroner told them it could have been a brain aneurysm. Their mom told the coroner he had been having terrible headaches, but refused to go to a doctor, that’s what led the coroner to brain aneurysm as cause of death.

4.
 If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous.
I wouldn’t say much.


5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe?
I have a Sponge Bob yellow t-shirt I wear as a night shirt.

6. Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black-eyed Susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?
Iris. Not on the list, but my favorite.

7. Flip flops or bare feet
Bare feet. But I always wear slippers around the house, and shoes when I leave the house.

8. Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
Probably a fine kettle of fish. There is just so much stress I am under now.

9. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?
I went fishing once. I caught 2 small fish, each the size of my hand.

10. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
Wallet. I’m always searching for my register coupons (the ones that spit out of the printer as the cashier scans your groceries). I fold them and put them in my wallet, but lose them in the dollar bills.

11. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
Finding Nemo.

12. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
I don’t know if I’m answering correctly...night. I have terrible insomnia, so I am regularly up until 2am. Sometimes much later. Even when I need to get up before 10am, I still can’t get to sleep. Chalk it up to back and shoulder pain. 

13. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
Probably that Sponge Bob t-shirt.

14. What's been the best and worst part of your summer so far?
Was summer that 2-3 weeks we had upper 90° temperatures? I haven’t had my daughter home for a visit for 177 days. We do go visit her at the group home she lives in, but the visit must be outside. We can’t even go inside to use the bathroom. I can tell it’s getting to my daughter. I can’t think of any “best part”. It’s been a 💩 fest. My new, to me, Buick which was in pristine condition, got keyed. There is not one panel or body section that did not get keyed. A con-woman accused me of slamming my door into her crappy, old, rusted minivan. My door never touched that pos van because I am SUPER careful to not scratch or ding my car. She wanted me to give her cash. She didn’t get any cash so she searched the parking lot for my car, which I had moved far away, and keyed it. I parked by cameras, I called the police, filed a report. Even if she were found, she wouldn’t have $$$ to pay for the damage she did. I should have left and shopped elsewhere.

15. Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune.
I'm not a big Jimmy Buffet fan, but who doesn’t love “Margaritaville”? I even have a Margaritaville t-shirt which I wore Saturday. Got it from Sam’s Club.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020
 

6 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

What happened to your car was awful.
Have you gotten the car fixed yet?

Lola said...

I have not gotten it fixed. I’ve taken it to the shop my insurance recommended. I won’t have it done there. I took my Pilot there and they told me I needed a new tailgate and bumper, which had already been replaced by another shop. I have 2 reputable shops recommended by people we know that I need to get to this week.

Bev Sykes said...

I keep thinking I want to grow tomatoes. You made me rethink that! So sad about your ex-friend's brother. So sad when they are so young and just...die. A friend of ours did that many years ago. They never did figure out why.

Lori said...

I can be the same way with #4...I just listen to people and do not have much input...it depends how much they talk. If they do not talk much either, I talk a lot, but it is uncomfortable for me. Loved your answers. Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

zippiknits...sometimes said...

That car thing.. That's criminal!
Aneurysms are dreadful, and they strike without warning sometimes. I think that might have been what killed my mother. They couldn't find any other cause.
Most people don't care that much for Jimmy Buffet. I have a special love for the band members' guitar stylings. They remind me of the steel guitar in Harry Owens' band.

CountryDew said...

That is a terrible story about your car! People can be so mean. And I am sorry about your friend's passing. Death is so . . . complicated. And as for your garden - we have loads of tomatoes but they're all green and few have turned. We did manage some zucchini and yellow squash and green beans, but the peas - planted too late - and honestly I have no idea what is wrong with the tomatoes. No one around here had good luck with tomatoes.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©