Recent Posts

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Sunday Stealing-Personal Development

Stolen from Personal Development Magazine

Hi! Our host is Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!
  
 1. A person I like and why I like them... 
Our pharmacist. Damn am I old! The reason is, she takes the time to talk to us.  And she’s so cheerful! She remembers each member of my family and asks about them. Damn! That totally sounds like I’m old.

2. A famous person I’ve been compared to...

I don’t think I’ve ever been compared to a famous person. 

3. Best thing that happened to me this week..

I made it to this point...you reading my blog. Don’t I sound exciting?
 
4. Weird things I do when I’m alone...

Self talk. Mostly silent. Singing in the car. I sing in the car all the time. If my son is with and he won’t join in, I sing louder!
 
5. How I’d spend $10,000.

Have the furnace and central air replaced. Set up the laundry area on the first floor. Hire a plumber to run  the plumbing, etc. New Whirlpool front load washer and gas dryer.
 
6. My last night out in detail....

My wife and I went out to dinner at the sushi buffet place just before the coronavirus shelter in place order in March. That’s the last time we’ll go there. Buffets freak me out now...coronavirus. Then we picked up my kids at Anastasia’s house and went home. 
 
7. Something that makes me sad when I think about it....

That there will be no “going back to normal”. That “normal” will never again exist.
 
8. Something I’m currently worrying about...

Coronavirus. 
 
9. Something I do without realizing...

If I’m doing something without realizing, then how would I know what that something was?
 
10. A drunken story...

It’s been a long time. In WI I was an accountant and office manager. The owner often took all the employees to one of his client’s bars. One time we went to the bar at the corner near the office. The owner was buying as he always did. He was a big drinker so it wasn’t hard for us employees to get drunk. One employee who sat next to me was talking to me and punctuating every few sentences by punching me in the shoulder. She punched me, I punched her. As time went on her punches grew harder, and I matched them. It got to looking like a fight. The boss looked over, said to knock it off, and she finally stopped. I moved away from her and switched to pop and left not long after with a sore arm.
 
11. Something I regret...
I regret taking my most recent job. In a job interview, when the interviewer repeatedly mentions how everyone working there is “like family” RUN! LEAVE! DON’T EVEN LOOK BACK. What a colossal error in judgement! They were all haters, except for one who became my boss after several years. The others screamed at me, calling me disgusting, they tried to get me fired for making errors in my job. I didn’t make the errors and spent hours digging through financial records to prove it. It was a very stressful situation to be in. I stayed because I needed the job. I stayed after getting a new boss because I loved the work I did and she genuinely appreciated it. My new boss stood up for me and reminded the owners how I definitely had enough evidence to file complaints with state and federal agencies and to sue them for allowing the harassment, and in some cases, encouraging it. I got into a bad car accident 4 years ago and went on medical leave and never returned. I miss the actual work, but it’s questionable whether I would be able to do that kind of work because I have headaches and difficulty remembering things, and it’s gotten worse over the last year. I have a benign brain tumor which I had radiation treatment for when it was first diagnosed. I have a 1 year checkup in December. I’m praying it has not grown in size and remains benign.
 
12. 5 things within touching distance...

DirecTV remote, Roku remote, eyeglasses, eyeglass case, phone charger pack.
 
13. Something I’ve lied about...

I’d say a lie by omission. Not mentioning drive thru breakfast or lunch, Starbucks trips.
   
 14. Lyrics that apply to my current mood...
As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends
Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends
15. My longest relationship...I really don’t recall. I think my relationship with Anastasia has surpassed my first marriage, so I will say Anastasia. She continues to be in contact with my kids (not like their dad). Whenever she is over by my house, or I am by hers, for pickups and drop offs, she makes a point of belittling me in front of my wife and kids. I’m tired of it, but I suffer in silence so my kids can have a relationship with her. My wife hates it. My kids notice it at times. Anastasia keeps asking about poker night, either with or without my father in law. They met at our wedding and both talk about getting together to play poker. It is NOT happening! My wife is in complete agreement. I refuse to sit through an entire afternoon or evening being treated like that. I don’t know if she does it because her wife is also present and she wants to prove something, or if she’s jealous of my life. I don’t have any friends outside of Facebook and I will not tolerate being treated like that for a friendship. So I avoid when she comes to pick up, or just don’t participate in the conversation. When I pick up I don’t go in, I park in front of their door and have the kids come to my car. I’m a parent, I make sacrifices for my kids. This is just one of the ugly ones I tolerate so my kids can have a relationship with her, since their dad finds it inconvenient to have a relationship with them. I treat it like I used to treat my ex husband during visitation drop offs and pick ups...it’s a necessary evil.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2020

4 comments:

Lori said...

I know how you feel about #1! When I was younger I would listen to my mom and Grandma talk about all of their ailments and what medicine they are taking and thinking...my gosh, don't they have anything else to talk about? I am the same way now. Loved your answers! Happy Labor Day weekend.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Mevely317 said...

Your pharmacist sounds like a gem! Nice to know there are still people who care ...even tho' they're not obligated by blood to do so.

Bev Sykes said...

So sorry you had to go through #11. And #15 sounds very confusing. You are making sacrifices for your kids.

songbird's crazy world said...

#14. Great song. And I can sympathize.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©