Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Day 305 of Sheltering In

Tuesday. Stayed home all day, as was the plan.

Question, do you know anyone who tells an untruth (lie), or embellishes something so badly, so fantastical that you immediately know it, or that it could have consequences neither of you expect? My spouse is one of those people. Yesterday when I wrote that I canceled my PT appointments, that was not accurate. My wife did me “the favor” of making the call. I don’t recall asking her to, but it’s possible that I did, but I don’t think so. In any event, she embellished too much. Truth...I have a cold. Stuffed up nose, watery eyes. That’s it. It’s a cold. I have NOT been exposed to anyone who tested positive or exposed to anyone with symptoms. However, when she called she said I had a cold and that our doctor wanted me to get tested for COVID-19 to be cautious. There was no call to my doctor. That was NOT true. It was also NOT true that he told me to get tested. I have a cold, that is true. Today I get a voicemail from the PT place asking if I got my test results yet. It has been our experience that it takes 3 business days, so I don’t know why I got called the very next day. The staff is probably freaking out. This is a HUGE problem. For Covid-19 tests members of my family have had, we were told to quarantine for 14 days after a negative test. I have my appointment with the orthopedic dr on Monday. If they hear about this entire mess of lies, they will cancel my appointment and won’t reschedule me for 14 days or more. Sometimes this dr gets booked out a month or more before you can get in. I can’t wait a month to find out what’s wrong with my knee/leg. This issue with my knee/leg is causing more balance issues. I can’t walk to turn off the light in the bedroom without my cane. Also, because my gait is affected by the knee/leg injury pain, it is increasing my back pain.

I’ve talked to my wife three times about this. Once when she told me the COVID-19 test embellishment, today after I had thought about the consequences, and before bed. I asked her to wait until we discussed this again Wednesday morning before she calls. I hope this doesn’t turn into an even bigger mess. 

UPDATE: My wife called and straightened it out. Everything is fine.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

2 comments:

Lin said...

I can't tolerate lying by a friend, child....and definitely NOT a spouse! Did you know that she lies when you were dating? I think that would have been a deal breaker for me in a relationship. Little lies, big lies---they all have consequences.

Lola said...

I don’t think it’s lying per se. I think it’s more embellishment. It’s like she feels she needs to make the excuse bigger because otherwise she thinks they might not believe her. It’s embellishing an excuse to cancel an appointment. She doesn’t lie to me. I would know because of the way she embellishes excuses. I’ve told her before she goes a little overboard with the excuses to cancel something. My preference, if I have to call to cancel is the truth, in this case, I don’t want to do further damage. If I thought I might get flack and have to go back and forth, I would just say I wasn’t feeling well and I don’t have COVID-19 symptoms (because they do ask). KISS. It’s not necessary to blow it up. The less said the better. She called Thursday to correct what she told them. Everything is fine.

It’s like when I was working and I desperately needed a mental health day. Back then my bosses would no way accept that. I would just say I was sick and couldn’t come into work. Short and simple. And actually true.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©