Recent Posts

Saturday, January 23, 2021

Day 308 of Sheltering In

Saturday. It’s still early to post for today, but I thought I’d start.

I’m home alone (yay)! My wife and son went to my father-in-laws to do laundry, play cards, and eat pizza. I was supposed to go but I woke up with a lot of leg pain and I was having trouble walking. I feared going down the stairs. My wife had my son pack me a cooler with ice packs and drinks, and I stayed home. I was right to fear the stairs. Dammit! I was carefully going down the stairs to make a sandwich. I didn’t exactly fall, but my left foot slid down about 3 steps further than I had placed my foot and twisted my ankle. I grabbed the railing and my cane tightly and stopped myself from sliding any further. Yes, left. The bad knee/leg. My wife needs to get several rolls of bubble wrap and wrap me up to protect me from freak accidents. Who gets off an MRI table and has their leg buckle and twist, falling to the floor, but stops the face plant by putting their hands on the floor? Who uses a cane and the stairway railing...and moves slowly and carefully, yet manages to slide about 3 steps past where they intended to put their foot, and twists their ankle? That would be me.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

1 comment:

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Yikes! That was a close call, Lola. I'm so glad you were able to stop the slide!
Hope you heal up very soon.

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©