Recent Posts

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Day 336-340 of Sheltering In

Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Not a lot going on. Saturday was to be laundry day at my father-in-law’s. I stayed home because I woke up with bad sciatica and didn’t think I could sit for a car trip that long, let alone go downstairs. Apparently at some point, not sure if it was before my wife and son got there, or after, my father-in-law’s 2nd wife had a hissy fit about us doing our laundry over there. She’s just jealous. Seriously! She is not a nice person, nor is her family. Her and her family are why we stopped going there for holidays. (They wouldn’t even say hello, made my wife get up and walk around the table to get food. They already ate and they wouldn’t pass any food! Not because of a lack of food, because they are all ashhats!) Every single one of our wedding photos with her in it she’s got RBF (resting b*%#h face). Truth! It’s the fact that she can’t stand to see him having fun with his kids. They play cards all afternoon, my wife brings something to make for lunch, then cleans up after herself. That kitchen looks cleaner than when my wife gets there. We even bring our own laundry detergent and dryer sheets. My wife wants to go over there every week because of her Dad’s poor health. Doing the laundry helps us save money (laundromats are crazy expensive). With how high our electric bill is we need to save anywhere we can.

My daughter officially broke up with her boyfriend on Monday. She had her counselor and her boyfriend’s counselor sit with her on the conference call. The group home he lives in splits the week with the one my daughter lives in because they can’t have 100% capacity at day program due to the pandemic. They had to call him at his group home. After the call the counselors praised my daughter for the way she handled it. He kept saying she should move with him to Maryland. My daughter, without consulting me, my wife, my sister, or Anastasia, decided all on her own that there was no way she was moving to Maryland. Good for her! They were boyfriend and girlfriend for a little over a year, broke up for over a year and a half, then together for a little over a year. My daughter said that first breakup did not go well and was not at all  pretty, so that’s why she wanted reinforcements. I’m proud of my daughter.

I had my daughter find out if the rules have changed for home visits because St Patrick’s Day, and her birthday/Easter are coming up. No change. ☹️ She has a pulmonologist appointment in Wheaton in March. No staff has ever given her a ride that far. My wife or I have driven her. My daughter needs to find out if we can drive her if we all wear masks in the car, because there is no other way for her to get there. Due to her asthma not being under control the pulmonologist is insisting on an in person visit. We need to know ASAP, because if we have to do a 14 day visit we need to plan it so it doesn’t mess up her coming home for her birthday/Easter. Can’t do more than 14 days.

I return to PT next week. It will almost seem like I have a social life! Not kidding! PT and grocery shopping are what gets me out of the house. It literally makes my day when I get one of the cashiers that remembers my entire family. They remember them because before the pandemic 3 or 4 of us would shop. They always ask about my daughter. The people at the PT place I go to are all very nice and remember me and the kids.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©