Recent Posts

Friday, February 26, 2021

Day 343 of Sheltering In

Friday. My son and I went grocery shopping. Wow am I getting old! They were 2 seniors and one chat was before shopping, the other after. It wasn’t enough that I chatted up 2 strangers, but we each shared some medical history. Damn I’m old! Who does that? Seniors, that’s who. Here’s how it went down...

1. I dropped my son by the produce entrance so he could find me an electric cart and bring it to me. I parked, got out and figured I would carefully navigate from my car to the entrance. This older lady was coming at me with an electric cart. She asked if I wanted it, I said sure, and waited for her to put her groceries in the car. I thanked her and told her I really appreciated it. Then I told her about my meniscus tear, and LCL sprain and showed off my brace. She laughed and told me she also had the same injury. I asked how she got hers. She was leaving her house, pavement was dry and her leg buckled and she went down. I told her my story, getting off an MRI table and my knee buckled. I told her I did not ‘stick the landing’, and had to put my hands out to stop the fall and not do a face plant. She also mentioned she needed both knees TKR. I told her about my spouse’s 2 TNR’s.

2. We finished shopping and a senior gentleman walked over from the next lane and asked if he could have my cart if I was done with it. While my son was loading up the car he told me he needs to use an electric cart because he can only walk a very short distance. Then he mentioned it was because he tore his meniscus and sprained his LCL. I said me too! We laughed! Cuz what else would you do? The cart was empty and as he drove away we wished each other well. 

I guess if I ever get really lonely I can go to the store and chat up some seniors and compare injuries. Oh yeah, look at me trolling the parking lot for seniors. 

That’s it! I have officially become my Mother. That’s a good thing. 😁 

Kindle Reading Challenge 57 Days in a row!

FYI-The day count of each post is based upon my daughter’s group home going on lockdown March 23rd, with her last day of work being March 22nd. I think everyone is basing their counts on different days depending on when shutdown events happened near them, or affected them. Several authors whose Facebook pages I follow are in the UK and they post a couple times a week and lament that they are on total lockdown.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021





No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©