Recent Posts

Thursday, February 25, 2021

Days 341, 342 of Sheltering In

Wednesday, Thursday. Not much going on. Next week will be busy with multiple appointments for me (one new one, not sure how I feel about that one, but I have to think I will feel better about it than my appointment, and my son’s appointment on Monday), PT. Last month that appointment for me was a fairly brief televisit, and he didn’t even mention any medication changes. (If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. That’s my motto.) The first 2 visits he wanted to change everything. I’m thinking you just met me 10 minutes ago, how do you know that’s appropriate?  

Stayed home both days. I’m starting to go stir-crazy. I will get out tomorrow to grocery shop. Hopefully I will get some decent sleep. 

My wife is talking about doing laundry at her Dad’s on Saturday. His 2nd wife (I feel the need to specify because my wife’s mother passed away 8 years ago and looks like Mary Poppins compared to his 2nd wife) is working a short day, which means she will arrive before we leave. My wife wants a stand-off, wants to tell her exactly what she thinks of her. You’ve got the laundry for lunch deal, the holiday story I mentioned, the fact that Doreen’s Dad wasn’t feeling well one night and she did NOTHING! She should have immediately called for an ambulance because his blood sugar was so low he could have went into a diabetic coma. Her Dad had to get my brother-in-law to call 911. Which he immediately did. My wife even called her and asked her why she didn’t call 911. She told my wife she didn’t care. Nice. It’s like she doesn’t give a shirt about him. She’s always nasty to him. She was taking all of his monthly check to pay for her house and her condo. This happened for who knows how many years, until one of his kids was made POA for medical and financial, and took him to close bank accounts and open new ones. 

Yeah, it’s quite the mess and my wife, and really all her siblings have had enough. I don’t know that I want to witness this, nor do I think my son should. It’d be much harder to bail out 3 than 2, and I don’t want my son to go through that. I dunno. My wife does talk a good game, but she is the same woman who punched a guy in the face and kicked him in the nuts when he came at her swinging at a Metra crossing because she didn’t speed through the crossing before the gates went down so he could do the same. After she nailed him twice, he stumbled to his truck very slowly, holding on to his bits with one hand and his nose in the other, and took off back in the direction he came from. He didn’t land the punch on my wife because she ducked and got him after his punch landed in the air. (He was super drunk.) My wife got a standing ovation, fists pumping in the air, yelling “yeah” from the people on the Metra platform and the people in the cars around her honked their horns as if applauding. Yup, don’t mess with my wife. 

I’m just going to keep quiet until my wife tells me what she has decided. It’s her Dad, it’s her decision. Next week is really busy for me, but if I have to take my son to the laundromat I will. (He does all the lifting and loading the machines, I direct him which machine because we sort as we go.)

Tomorrow is Friday. Yay! Shoot! What do I care? The days all run together and if I didn’t check my iPhone calendar I would have no idea what day it was and if I had an appointment. But yay for all my blogging peeps who end their work week on Fridays.

Kindle Reading Challenge 56 Days in a row!

FYI-The day count of each post is based upon my daughter’s group home going on lockdown March 23rd, with her last day of work being March 22nd. I think everyone is basing their counts on different days depending on when shutdown events happened near them, or affected them. Several authors whose Facebook pages I follow are in the UK and they post a couple times a week and lament that they are on total lockdown.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©