Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Day 360-367 of Sheltering In

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. PT Wednesday and Thursday. That was brutal. This week is chock full of fun appointments. COVID-19 vaccine Monday in Hodgkins (I was trying everything and could not get any appointments closer. It wasn’t that bad a drive.) Tuesday therapist, then PT 3 days (including Saturday) and orthopedic doctor.

Anastasia contacted my wife to tell her that Will County had openings for COVID-19 vaccinations. Of course she called my wife, because she only calls me to belittle me and insinuate (or sometimes straight up call me) a bad Mom. Anastasia texted me a few days ago saying my son contacted her complaining about the arguments between himself and my wife. So Anastasia types in ALL CAPS types “time for group home”. I am still furious at the way she treats me (I was NOT the one who cheated and left, but she acts as though I am. I AM NOT!) I am absolutely furious at her telling me what is best for my son. It’s none of her damn business. Her and I are no longer in a relationship, we are not friends, I only tolerate or avoid her because my kids want a relationship with her and she is more reliable than their dad who pops up every few years wanting to see them (I think it’s 4 years now.) I am sick and tired of sucking it up and taking her bullshit to make my kids happy. She even had the nerve to ask to be invited for poker night at my father-in-law’s. NOT A SNOWBALL’S CHANCE IN HELL!

So I have a question. Actually I have many, but I’m just going to ask one. The 10th anniversary of our first date is approaching. How do you try to temper your expectations when you are the one who always has a plan and gives the perfect/thoughtful card/gift/celebration meal and your counterpart is maybe 1 step above last minute card/gift selection at Walgreens? 

On that note...have a great week!

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021






2 comments:

songbird's crazy world said...

Glad you got your vaccine. I understand about the drive. I am in New York. I live on Long Island, 10 minutes from the vaccination site at Jones Beach. I could not get an appointment at Jones Beach or at any other site on Long Island, but I was able to get an appointment at the Javits Center on the West Side of Manhattan. Took me an hour and a half to drive into the city due to traffic; the trip home was just under an hour. You go where you can get the appointment, right? At least we'll get our lives back eventually. Right?

Lin said...

I got lucky and got Tinley. It was a smooth operation!

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©