Recent Posts

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Day 369 of Sheltering In

Thursday. I was supposed to have an appointment with the orthopedic doctor today. Get this:
I got no call to confirm my appointment Wednesday. 
I called this morning to say I didn’t get the call and wanted to confirm.
I was told that I didn’t respond to the automated call so they canceled my appointment!
Who did they call?
It wasn’t me, or my wife.

I really wasn’t in the mood to go today, but I would have gone had they not canceled.

I was told by my insurance I didn’t need a referral for a therapist, what with the pandemic and people really needing one. Apparently they lied. I got a denial letter for the first visit yesterday. I called and was told I needed a referral, and they said it wouldn’t be a problem, as soon as they got it, they’d pay the claim. I contacted my PCP who did the referral right away and told me they might not pay it. So maybe I’ve been lied to again by my insurance?

I have a ton of paperwork to do for other things and my printer decided to ignore my print requests. Grr!

While I’m trying to handle that, my wife is fielding calls from her brother and Dad. They live in the same house, can’t they coordinate or let each other know? They were calling about the same thing. Something is going on over there Saturday and her Dad wants her over there. I had PT scheduled, so I had to cancel it because we only have the Buick for transportation. I haven’t parted with the Pilot yet, but you can’t steer it, so it can’t be driven. My wife wanted to go Sunday so I wouldn’t have to cancel. Nope. I promised my therapist that I will have MY Sunday this week. I am under way too much stress to skip MY Sunday for the 3rd or 4th week in a row. I did have big plans for Sunday (1st date anniversary), but I’m a professional procrastinator and have not gotten anything done that I could have done in advance. Also, either my wife is playing, or she doesn’t remember what Sunday is. I told her we would have to go to her Dad’s Saturday and I said we already had plans on Sunday. If she doesn’t remember, then Sunday is just a day.

Somehow my daughter has ingratiated herself with a new staff member who drove her to my house to get her meds from me tonight. Yay!!! I love my daughter! She’s a smooth talker just like her Mom. Lol!

I think I may have found a good book for my wife to read about my kids’ illnesses. 
Weekends at Bellevue- 9 years on the night shift at the psych ER
So far it is stirring up old memories, which I’m not fond of, but if it’s doing that, then it should be a good introduction to what I have gone through since 1997 with the kid’s dad, then my daughter, then my son.

Lola’s Diner cc.  2008-2021

No comments:

 
Lola's Diner Was recently updated by by CreativeBlogMe.com copyright 2009 ©